Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Birthday, Napi!


Today is the day we celebrate Napi's 2nd birthday. In truth, we don't know exactly how old he is, although 2 is a pretty good guess for him. We also celebrate Napi's Gotcha Day today, although that isn't his exact date either (that actually happens July 6th).

You all remember Napi's story, right? The dog who belonged to my fiance's neighbors? Cesar saw the neighbors beating him, went over and said, "you don't like the dog, so give him to me or I call the cops," and came home with a new dog. He meant to find him a new home, but... well, he's about as good at fostering as I am.

Napi is not a dog I would have ever chosen for myself. I don't particularly care for chihuahuas, I didn't want another crazy dog, and he's not even scruffy! But over the past year, I've grown to love Napi deeply. Napi is a definite mama's boy. Wherever I am, he is. As I type this, he is curled up next to me, his chin resting on my leg. I am very, very glad this dog is in my life.

So happy birthday and welcome home, baby boy! We love you so very much.

No comments: